As the Arizona Legislature approaches the 100-day target for the end of session, Republican Legislators have shifted their focus to passage of their party’s most extreme bills.
In Season 2, Episode 7, Rep. Pam Powers Hannley’s Legislative updates focus on the Culture War raging in the Legislature — from the 15 week abortion ban and school voucher expansion to homeless encampments and inequitable ambulance services.
Ironically, Arizona Republicans routinely pontificate about “parental choice” when it comes to schools and school curricula BUT parental input falls by the wayside when it comes to statewide voucher expansion OR the ultimate parental choice — whether or not to have a baby and when.
Creeping authoritarianism in the Republican Party — fueled by fake news and misinformation in social media — is troubling.
There is a link to this podcast below. You can also subscribe to A View from the Left Side on multiple podcasting services such as iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher Radio, I Heart Radio and others. The original Legislative update videos on these topics can be found on my YouTube Channel.
Rep. PPH Capitol Updates: Culture Wars at #AZLeg with Abortion Ban, School Vouchers & Camps for Homeless – A View from the Left Side
- Rep. PPH Capitol Updates: Culture Wars at #AZLeg with Abortion Ban, School Vouchers & Camps for Homeless
- Rep. PPH Capitol Updates: 'PC Bill' Drama, Wasting Time, & Anti-Worker Bills
- Rep. PPH Capitol Updates: Taxes, Voter Suppression, the Border Wall & More
- Rep. PPH Capitol Updates: COVID Vaccine Bans to School Vouchers & More
- Rep. PPH Capitol Updates: Marijuana Regulations to Cheaper Guns & More
- News from the Arizona Capitol: Rep. PPH Legislative Updates, January 10-20, 2022
- Tucson Vigil for Democracy: Remembering January 6, 2021